The women of St. John Lutheran Church of Prairie Hill gather regularly for prayer, study, and fun as a part of the Women of the ELCA. All women, whether members of the congregation or not, are welcome to join us in one of our monthly Bible studies.
In addition to our monthly gatherings, the St. John Women of the ELCA are active in ministry beyond the walls of our congregation. The women of our church collect funds and goods for projects around the world, supporting the ministry of Lutheran World Relief. Last year, we send more then 60 quilts to LWR. More locally, we host birthday parties and other social events at local nursing homes.
Every child who is baptized at St. John is presented by a quilt made by the women of St. John, a that they are loved by God and by our family of faith.
Women of the ELCA Circles
- Naomi Circle: Meets on the 1st Thursday of every month at 10:00am
- Rachel Circle: Meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 6:30pm
- Deborah Circle: Meets on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 5:00pm
- Ladies Aid: Meets on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 2:00pm
- Quilters: Meet for a quilting work day on the 3rd & 4th Tuesday of every month, beginning at 9:00am. Snacks are provided.